Thursday, May 1, 2008

Another running blog

I ran at lunchtime today at the Bethel track. When I got back to my office afterwards, I had this email message waiting for me from a Bethel employee:


Jim,

I’d appreciate it if you’d kindly refrain from running around the track while I’m sitting in my car near the fence trying to eat my Cheesy Gordita Crunch and Caramel Apple Empanada. I feel like I’m being preached at. This shameless display of “wellness evangelism” is interfering with my enjoyment of hybrid pseudo-Mexican food and undermines the college’s focus toward diversity. Perhaps you could just go down to the other end of the track and run in place behind the fence. I’ll honk when I’m finished.


I ain’t heavy – I’m your overstuffed brother.

tim

2 comments:

Lisa Joy said...

Hilarious! Had me laughing out-loud.

Anonymous said...

that's amazing.

i started running a few months ago.

i kind of hate it.
but...my psychological well-being has probably improved.