Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Companion Sightings

I've been on blogging hiatus for several weeks as the new school year settles into a rhythm.  I'm not sure that I'm quite there yet, but I thought it might be good to try squeezing some blogging into the schedule before the rhythm becomes a rut.  I ease back into things with a quick one in the shameless self-promotion department.

I've seen my Blackwell Companion to Science and Christianity mentioned a few places lately.  It is kind of fun to see a stuffy academic work to make it into some popular media.

In the Christian Century, September 5th edition, there was a blurb from the Teilhard de Chardin chapter in their "Century Marks" feature.

On September 12, there was a blog entry on Prosblogion, perhaps the leading philosophy of religion blog.  It discussed the chapter by atheist cosmologist Sean Carroll.  That may have been what led to a discussion of Carroll's position more generally (though still mentioning his chapter in my book) on the website Livescience on Sept. 17 here.  And then Yahoo News picked up that story on its science page today here.  Hopefully all this discussion of Carroll's article (which I think is very good, but ultimately misguided) will lead some people to read the other articles in the book about cosmology by Christians.

For completeness's sake, I'll re-mention the two blog posts on Jesus Creed that discussed the psychology chapters by atheist Dylan Evans and theist Justin Barrett here and here.

If you happen to see it mentioned anywhere else, I'd appreciate hearing about it.  It is sort of like getting news about one of your kids that is out doing things without you.  (Perhaps more on that topic another time.)

No comments: