Monday, June 27, 2011

Cornerstone

It's Cornerstone week.  We'll be loading up the van Wednesday morning and heading out on our annual pilgrimage to Bushnell, IL for the edgiest of the Christian Music Festivals.

If my count is correct, this is my 12th festival (the first three when it was still in Grayslake, IL).  And this is the second year in a row that I'm one of the speakers for the seminars.  Believe it or not, some of the metal heads who show up for the bands like Blindside and Flatfoot 56 actually come to hour long seminars too.  I'm doing three sessions on Science and Religion, and three sessions on Philosophy.

Cornerstone is putting on a retro night this year, with reunions by Petra, Daniel Amos, Stonehill, and Keaggy. I think the first cassette I ever bought with my own money when I was a kid was Petra's "Beat the System".  And if Stonehill is still singing "Turning Thirty", he'll have to do it twice to get in all the years.

Of course I'm also looking forward to some of the younger folks, like P.O.D. and Paper Route.  Good times are sure to be had by all.

Hope to see you there!

No comments: