Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Tuesday's Blog on Blogging: Show Thyself

So during my hiatus from blogging over the last week and a half (or has it been longer?) I was in a couple of places where, rather unexpectedly, some people would come up to me and say, "Hey, I enjoy reading your blog." It got me wondering who all is out there. My readership fluctuates from about 15 to 40 readers per day (of unique visitors). Some of those are the very random "5 second stop by" variety who stumble onto Stump Speeches by scrolling through blogs on Blogspot. But many of them appear to be regular readers from places like New Jersey, Hawaii, Atlanta, Texas, and British Columbia. Who are you people?

I realize that one of the attractions of blogging is the anonymity that goes along with it. But I'd like to know who you are. If you are a regular reader (i.e., you stop by at least once per week), I'd appreciate you showing yourself. Perhaps you don't want to leave a comment to this post where everyone else can see you. Then you could send me an email at jstump46544@hotmail.com. If even that somehow ruins things for you (the way that, say, TV shows are ruined when the creative tension between two long-time characters is dispelled when they get hooked up), at least leave an anonymous comment as to why bloggees (is that a new word?) should not be coerced into exposing themselves.

6 comments:

Joel Aric Schwartz said...

Jess and I are the ones (or least one of the ones) from Texas. We'll confess!

Rob said...

Rob Henschen
Wakarusa, IN

I found your site through Derry P.'s blog and really enjoy your thoughts. I'm a Taylor grad, so don't hold that against me!

Dan Weiss said...

Dan Weiss
I don't know if you remember me or not, but I was in your Senior Year Experience class the first year you taught it. I'm a good friend of Derry and I actually work at Nappanee Missionary Church as the graphic designer - soon to be communication director. I've got your blog on my Google Reader account, so I stop by quite often.

entirelysimulated said...

you're asking the impossible of me.

CRAZY BLOOD said...

I have been checking out your site from God's country (Colorado).
- 2000 Bethel Grad
- I took one of your classes my senior year
- friend of Derry Prenkert and Dan Weiss

Biz

Chad A. Loucks said...

I started reading your blog about a month ago and is one of the few that I read on a regular basis. I just graduated from Bethel this past spring. I've always enjoyed thoughts, perspectives, and insights, so I was very excited to see that you were blogging.