Monday, May 21, 2007

Back home again

I did make it back home (only a couple more goofy things happened). I enjoy the adventure of the kind of trip I described last week. I don't know that I'd want to do it every weekend.

Travelling abroad just continues to fuel my love for the world. It is so fascinating to see both the commonalities and the differences in cultures. It gives such a healthy perspective for understanding minority populations here when you become one in another place.

I continue to desire to learn to speak another language fluently. Spanish seems to make the most sense as it would have the greatest currency in the places I find myself. It is funny that I have this (false) impression that people speaking Spanish to each other can only communicate imprecisely because that's all I can do in that language. What a blessing it must be to be able to slide between languages easily.

OK. Back to some other themes tomorrow.

No comments: